Project Manager / Process Engineer - Job Overview
TransTech Energy’s Project Manager/Process Engineer (“PM”) fulfills a lead process engineering role for the design, development, refinement and construction of products and solutions for storing handling LPG & NGLs as well as ASME pressure vessel products for oil & gas processing and separation and engineered package equipment. PM will champion efforts to develop new products and improve existing products/designs, creating new market opportunities.
- PM will work with our internal team and external clients on multiple projects to ultimately solve their problems through PFD and P&ID development, equipment and instrument specification, hydraulic system calculations and storage/handling design.
- Interact with the client’s project team and the TransTech project team to ensure the best solution is implemented.
- Must be able to manage all engineering duties including, but not limited to, specifying equipment, designing processes and piping, defining procurement specifications, and delivering high quality design packages for bidding and construction.
- Preferred candidate will have experience in product development of ASME pressurized liquids storage & handling products, gas processing, and plant & terminal design and construction.
- PM will plan, schedule, assign, and monitor work responsibilities for draftsmen and support, optimizing internal resources and managing outside contractors.
- Provide support and leadership on capital projects as well as supporting clients with improving the current performance of their design, construction and manufacturing processes
- Project work may vary, and may involve process upgrades, expansions, integrations and/or new process design
- As a leader of the process team, you are responsible for preparing project scope packages and formal design packages, conducting process engineering analysis, preparing reports and providing process recommendations
- Process commissioning and start-up is also a responsibility of this position
- Ideal candidates will possess the following: Bachelors of Science Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 10 or more years of experience leading process design efforts and managing engineering and technical resources within the energy (oil and gas) sector. Proven ability to provide engineering inputs to, and work closely with, other departments
- Experience with Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and P&ID development, Cause and Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, hydraulic network calculation, relief valve and process instrument specification, and experience with the general arrangement of process equipment
- A working knowledge of ASME, API & NFPA codes
- Industry experience in Oil & Gas infrastructure, Gas Processing and Refining.
- Conversant with engineering standards such as API, NFPA, ASME, BS/EN, and major international oil and gas company internal programs.
- Ability to travel
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship