Pipe Welder - Job Overview
General Summary of Duties: Perform pressure retaining welds on standard and custom ASME vessels and process piping on a routine basis in addition to advanced structural welding. Work in other crafts at levels appropriate to training and skills as requested by supervision. Position will report to directly to the Field Service Crew Leader for daily tasks
- Must pass an observed 6G Welding Certification (2014-6 procedure) test consisting of a 2-inch XXH carbon steel (.625 wall) coupon, 1/8” 6010 root, 7018 hot pass/filler, 7018 cover/cap. Bend test + xray.
- Ability to read an assembly drawing and mechanical drawings
- Plan, lay-out, fit-up, weld, install, test and repair process piping and ASME pressure vessels in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards.
- Perform x-ray quality welds as needed.
- Perform welding operations in all positions as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Follow all safe working practices.
- 90-100% Travel is required in this position.
- Employee frequently encounters working in facilities that contain LP-Gas
- Must have certification to present at interview.
- Drug screen & background will be conducted.
- Must be timely and reliable and understanding that if there is no welding to do you will be assigned to do other things.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements
- Ability to work overhead
- Ability to work up to 12 hour shift in all weather and temperature extremes.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Vision adequate to perform all required tasks.
- Ability to work over 5 feet above the ground; must not have fear of heights.
Other Relevant Information:
Full-time position (non-exempt with overtime) with competitive benefits and wages!