This position is available at our Houston, TX location.
Trans-Tech Energy (“TTE”) is a leading provider of energy infrastructure solutions. We engineer and fabricate ASME pressure vessels and equipment for oil & gas production, processing and storage, and we design, engineer and install storage and handling systems for natural gas liquids (NGL) from wellhead to burner tip. Market applications include upstream, midstream, and downstream energy in North America and emerging market import terminal and power generation in the Caribbean and Latin America. We are a family-oriented company and provide a great work environment that further develops the skills and personal growth of our team members. The talent we add to our team is the foundation of our company and directly affects its growth and success.
Primary Functions & Duties:
TTE is looking to expand its in-house drafting and engineering services department. The right candidate should have experience with ASME pressure vessel design and the latest Autodesk design software such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D and/or Inventor. This person should be familiar with 2D/3D CAD fundamentals and be willing to demonstrate their abilities. In addition to project design, the person should be able to administer the Document Control Process. This position will offer you the opportunity to expand your knowledge of design techniques, tools, and fundamentals involved in production of engineering design packages.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create general arrangement and fabrication drawings for ASME pressure vessel fabrication and production equipment packaging based on customer specifications and Compress calculations, including BOM, specifications, and subassembly drawings
- Create general arrangement drawings based on P&ID
- Work closely with Sr. CAD Designer, Engineers, and Project Managers to assemble technical document packages, including P&IDs, general arrangement drawings, and manufacturer specification sheets
- Create, review and update required submittal documentation for all technical document packages
- Work with internal/external customers and vendors to ensure all drawings and submittal packages are accurate and complete per requested design criteria
- Maintain records and revision history, including the release and update of all engineering documents, work instructions and other paper or electronic documents
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Desire to learn and follow the company’s procedures and processes with a willingness to be open-minded
- Great organization skills
- Contributing team member with good interpersonal communication (verbal and written)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in CAD Design and pressure vessel design Advanced knowledge of ASME Code, AutoCad, Inventor, mechanical design and draft technical document submittals Pressure vessel design experience is a must
- Associate degree in CAD Design or Engineering Technology desired but will consider experience in lieu of education
- Proficient in AutoCAD, mechanical design, and technical document administration
- Proficient in 3D modeling using AutoCAD Plant 3D or Inventor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task from project to project
- Ability to resolve conflicting situations
- Knowledge of standard computer drafting tools (i.e. AutoCAD and/or Autodesk Inventor).
Salary is negotiable and based on education and experience. References and desired salary required upon application. During the interview process, a skills assessment will be administered. Benefits include health, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, and 401k retirement plan.
Job Type: Full-time
• United States (Preferred)