Purchasing and Materials Manager - Job Overview
Trans-Tech Energy (“TTE”) designs, builds, installs and services storage and handling systems for natural gas liquids (NGL). Market applications include upstream, midstream, and downstream energy in North America.
The Purchasing and Materials Manager will be an important contributor to the team with the goal of developing strategic vendor relationships and purchasing strategies that optimize purchasing costs and ensure that materials and supplies are available on a timely basis for field work and shop production. The position is responsible for purchasing for our operations in Rocky Mount, NC and in the Waco, TX area.
- Establish procurement strategies for acquisition of project materials and plant materials that optimize quality, cost, terms and timely delivery criteria.
- Develops and maintains excellent supplier relations, leading negotiations of pricing and terms
- Track supplier performance and conduct ongoing evaluation of costs
- Places purchase orders in response to customer orders, inventory stocking requirements and production needs
- Creates plans for the effective organization and temporary storage of project materials and general inventories.
- Coordinates material deliveries to field projects with production team
- Maintains accurate records for inventories and job costs; leads and analyzes results of cycle count program
- Negotiates contracts with subcontractors
- Determines and maintains appropriate levels of raw materials inventory
- Directs administrative staff including receiving
- Ensures that ERP system transactions are complete, accurate and timely
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years’ experience in procurement
- Procurement experience in project based business and in manufacturing environment
- Experience negotiating contracts with suppliers and subcontractors. Demonstrable ability to apply strategic vision to procurement strategy
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems and MS Office tools
- Certification in APICS is a plus, but not required
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally to other company locations and supplier locations is required